Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA) gives everyone access to information held by Scottish Public Authorities. The Act aims to increase openness and transparency by allowing access to information about how public authorities work, the services they deliver and how decisions are taken.
Certain aspects of our work fall under the Act - that is, activities relating to our housing services. These are:
• the prevention and alleviation of homelessness
• the management of social housing accommodation
• the provision and management of sites for gypsies and travellers
• the supply of information to the Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR) by Loreburn or its subsidiary in relation to its financial wellbeing and standards of governance
The Act requires us to produce and maintain a publication scheme, detailing all of the key information we publish and how it can be accessed. Loreburn has developed a Guide to Information as its publication scheme and this contains links to all of the information listed.
Our Guide to Information has been developed to:
• Allow the public to see what information is available
• Explain how you can find the information
• Provide contact details for enquiries and how to get help to access the information
• State what charges may be applied
• Explain how you can request information that has not been published
Model Publication Scheme
In developing the Guide to Information, Loreburn has complied with the Model Publication Scheme 2018, produced and approved by the Scottish Information Commissioner. The Model Publication Scheme requires authorities to make certain classes of information available. Information about the scheme can also be found within the Publication Scheme Resources at the Scottish Information Commissioner website.
Making a Request for Information
If you would like to make a request for information you can do this by completing our online Get in Touch form. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at Huntingdon, 27 Moffat Road, Dumfries, DG1 1NN.
Exemptions and Withholding Information
In certain circumstances we have the right to withhold certain types of information.
If we withhold information, we'll let you know why. If you're unhappy with our decision or the way we've dealt with your request, you can ask us to review our decision.
If you do not agree with the outcome of the review, you can ask the Scottish Information Commissioner to investigate